Thursday, April 22, 2010

communication skills

Written - email. It's easy, but quite impersonal and sarcasm/jokes may be hard to get through text. Which is fine for professional emails because you really shouldn't be making jokes on something like that anyway.



Verbal - speaking. The only problem with this that I can think of would be a language barrier, which would be solved easy enough with a translator.



Non-verbal - clothing. If you wear, say, ripped jeans and an old tank top, people probably aren't going to take you seriously. Solution would be to dress clean.


------


My communication skills are definitely lacking. I have trouble speaking to people I don't know and don't say anything unless it's absolutely necessary. We're working on that by having me greet everyone who comes into the shop and ask what they're wanting and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment